OLIVIA MARIE GOLOSKY, CCEDA Co-Chair
Stage Left Productions | The Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts Alliance of Canada | Gwaandak Theatre |
A proud member of the Métis Nation of Alberta (hailing from Treaty 8, Fort McMurray), Olivia Marie Golosky is a 2Spirit producer, artist and arts advocate, with a passion for grassroots community-building.
Her decade of experience in the professional arts industries has been concentrated in theatre, film, music festivals and television production. She's worked primarily as a stage manager, technician, designer, and production manager, with such major companies/ events as Calgary Folk Fest, Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society, Calgary Stampede Grandstand Show, and the Calgary International Children's Festival.
Olivia is also a performer and playwright, in the field of contemporary Indigenous Arts. She was recently (2018) awarded an AFA Indigenous Arts Project grant for an original production she's co-creating with Danni Black and Jade Carpenter called Stories My Mother Told Me.
Olivia is currently:
1. Touring Stage Manager for Gwaandak's Theatre (IMPACT & Talking Stick Festivals);
2. Production Manager, Indigenous Resilience in Music;
3. Associate Artist, Treaty 7 Film Collective;
4. Associate Artist, Stage Left Productions;
5. Director, CJSW 90.9 FM;
6. Indigenous Representative, National Campus and Community Radio Association's Board; and
7. Producer & Host of Through the Kaleidoscope (a podcast for CJSW 90.9 FM).
Olivia was the 2017 recipient of PACT's Mallory Gilbert Leadership Award. as Michele Decottignies' protege.